Join Pialligo Estate and Alliance Francaise to celebrate the world’s best-known wine party – the uncorking of Beaujolais Nouveau. Free-flowing Chapoutier Beaujolais wine, complimented by Pialligo Estate charcuterie and Smokehouse meats, International and Australian boutique cheeses and Estate canapés. An evening with Beaujolais Nouveau wine, good food, great live music. It will be a French wine party to remember!
Date | Wednesday 12th December 2018 (Postponed from Thursday 22nd November 2018 due to weather)
Time | 6pm – 10pm
Location | Pialligo Estate
Price | $99 pp
Bookings | Purchase tickets
3-hour beverage package including:
- Free-flowing Chapoutier Beaujolais wine!
- Pialligo Estate White Wine options
- Beer, Cider & Soft drink options
- Smokehouse & cured meat stations/Charcuterie
- Pialligo Estate Canapés
- Cheese Stations including selection of Australian & International boutique cheese.
The world’s best-known wine party…
If you’ve never heard of Beaujolais Nouveau Day before, here’s a few things to note:
- Every November, parties and celebrations are held throughout France and now the rest of the world to celebrate the first wine of the season! In France, there are over 100 official celebrations for Beaujolais Nouveau Day, and worldwide, over 65 million bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau will be consumed.
- Beaujolais nouveau is a vin de primeur – a wine released for sale the same year that the grapes are harvested. By working at rapid speed and using an especially delicate fermentation technique, Beaujolais’ vintners are able to produce a fresh, uncomplicated red wine just weeks after the grapes are picked.
- By French law, Beaujolais Nouveau is to be released no earlier than the third Thursday of November each year. It must also come from the Beaujolais region.
- Beaujolais Nouveau wines are very distinctive in this regard – their aromas are some of the most spirited you can inhale! Bubble-gum, bananas, raspberries and strawberries.
So, raise a glass and let’s celebrate winemaking, knowing that there are thousands of people doing the exact same thing all over the globe!